Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rachel's Sweater

I finished this a while ago but haven't gotten a pic up yet, and these aren't the best anyway since they're from my phone. But here's the cute sweater I made for my daughter!



I'll put up better pics of just the sweater later, but right now I'm just ultra excited that I actually finished a usable project! It's only going to fit her for a few more weeks, but she likes it and so do I :D



Things I learned:
How to guesstimate pattern changes as necessary when using a different size yarn
How to knit sleeves :D
How to follow a more difficult pattern
How to effectively bind off
How to adjust sweater length after you finish the project and it's too short lol


COUNT YOUR STITCHES AS YOU GO!!

Things I'd do differently:
I'd still like to make it a little longer haha
It calls for a button on the front that I didn't add. I think I'd like to put one on but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Richard suggested I turn this into a dress, and I think that would be a fun experiment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment