Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rachel's Dress

My mom has a friend who owns a yarn store up in West Valley City (or somewhere around there). She sells really expensive yarn as well as tons of pattern books and needles and hooks and all kinds of stuff. I liked it, but it was really expensive. My mom took me up there when I first started knitting (like the day after I finished my leg warmers) and bought me a pattern book as well as a single pattern for a baby dress for Rachel. She also got me the needles I needed to complete the project. The smallest size is 2T, so I'm not in a huge rush to finish it, which is why I made my purple sweater first :D But I figured since I can't find the needle I need for my next sweater I might as well make this dress now and once Rachel fits into it she can wear it.

Anyway it's a cute dress. It's going to be very warm, as it's intended to be a winter dress. I'm thinking of doing something different with the sleeves because they're huge and silly looking, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I feel I should start recording the start date of my projects from now on so I have some idea of how long they actually take to complete. This will be helpful when I start commissioning projects, so I can give my customers an accurate time frame.

So. I started Rachel's winter dress yesterday, der 29. Maerz. It could take me over a year to finish, because I don't need those needles or that yarn for anything else. But we'll see what happens :D

No comments:

Post a Comment