Saturday, March 6, 2010

Preemptive *squeeeeee!*

I'm not finished with this one yet, but I'm so excited that I'm running around my house saying "Look at my sweater!" to everyone. This will be my second functional project, and as it's for me I'm doubly excited about it. This is to be the first of three sweaters I'm planning on making for myself. As you may recall from an earlier post, I can never find sweaters I like so I decided to make some.
I found the pattern for this one online and fell in love with it mostly because it's purple and I've been wanting a purple sweater to wear to school on Fridays (school colors). Plus I love the collar :D

Alright so here's what I have so far. I've been working on this for just about a month, and I'm pretty impressed with how far I am considering I've taken it apart twice already. Today is exciting because I just joined the two fronts together, and I'd say I'm almost to the halfway point :D Just two more inches, then six more inches, then two sleeves, then collar! Bam! I give it another two months lol. Here's what mine looks like today:
And here's a closeup of the collar. The cables are really pretty.I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm really excited about how well it's turning out :D

1 comment:

  1. Very nice!! I'm looking forward to seeing this on you!!

    ReplyDelete