Sunday, March 28, 2010

Finito! Purple Sweater!

I love my new purple sweater! I've finally finished and perfected it, and I'm wearing it to school tomorrow no matter what anyone says!



Things I learned:
How to cable stitch
You can't add darts to a knitted sweater the way I tried to do it
When binding off an edge that's not going around something (like the collar of this sweater) do it tightly rather than loosely or it curls weird
Keep track of where you are in the pattern somehow! I used a tally system to make sure I knew which row I was on, and when I got off it was nicht gut. I had to undo a few rows, and that always sucks.
When starting with a crochet cast-on, make sure you put the correct loop on your needle or it won't pull off easily like it's supposed to. I'm not sure which is the correct loop, because out of three I only got one right. When I figure it out I'll explain it haha :D

This makes me so excited. I can knit sweaters! Granted this is an easy pattern with no seams, but the point is that I DID it! My next project is going to be a bit more intense if I can ever find the right needles to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment