Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recent Projects

I recently (ok like two months ago) finished a couple knitting projects! Here are some pics and details:

Richard's Beanie
Things I learned:
Knit in the round
Knit with circular needle
Knit with double pointed needles
Decrease

Things I will do better next time:
Don't decrease so soon. It ended up being a little shorter than I thought.
I need to figure out a better decrease pattern as well, as the top of the hat kind of looks silly.




Leg Warmers!
Things I learned:
How To Knit (basically)
How to undo stitches without starting completely over
How to cast on
How to bind off
How to purl

Things I'll do better next time:
I got excited about them being done too soon. The next pair will be a lot longer.
Even though I used a bigger needle to bind off it's still really tight. I need to think "loose" when binding off.

I'm having so much fun knitting! I finished a sweater for Rachel a few weeks ago (post forthcoming in a few days once I get pics) and now I'm working on one for me. I need to make Richard a better hat, or fix the one he has. And don't worry, I have three more sweaters lined up to make for myself. Really that's why I started knitting: I couldn't find any sweaters I liked so I decided to make my own.

1 comment: