Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

I really should finish the Graham Saga before I get started on something new, but I've recently become addicted to yarn to a point I can no longer control. This is the result, and I hope it's helpful for at least one person out there :D

I learned how to crochet from my roommate Elizabeth during my freshman year in college. She got me going on a granny-square afghan that is yet to be finished, and since then I've made several beanies for my siblings, daughter, and myself along with a scrap afghan and some scarves. I'm currently working on that same granny-square afghan (in my defense, the colors I was using were discontinued and it took a while to figure out what I was going to do to finish it) along with another scrap afghan. A few weeks ago I got the urge to start knitting again. I learned the basics about ten years ago but never did anything with it, and my one set of knitting needles stare at me every time I pull out my yarn basket.

Starting back up again was pretty easy, thanks to youtube and a lot of knitters who post how-to's, and I'm 5 rows away from finishing my first project: legwarmers. Next I will be knitting a hat for my husband and a sweater for my daughter (THAT will be an adventure), and then once I get the hang of things I want to make myself a sweater.

Let me point out that I'm still very much a beginning knitter, so you won't see anything amazing on here for a while. I plan to get a lot of projects done this summer (gotta keep my mind off the fact that my husband will be half a world a way) and then maybe this blog will be more interesting and amazing. For now, I'll just post as I go and include some projects from long ago as well :D

No comments:

Post a Comment